- Former No. 1 pick Jake Long announces retirement
- Giants to exercise 5th-year option on Odell Beckham
- Rams won't trade Trumaine Johnson this season
- Saints leaning against Malcolm Butler trade
- Falcons GM on draft picks: We aren't looking for angels
- Niners strongly considering a quarterback with draft's No. 2 pick
This week’s encyclopedia entry: Vin Scully
- Updated: October 5, 2016
After 67 years behind the mic, the legendary Vin Scully called it a broadcast career as his Los Angeles Dodgers finished their season against the San Francisco Giants, which earned a wild card berth.
And what an extraordinary career it was. Even at 88-years-young, Scully was a beloved voice in L.A. and beyond. His sign-off was as eloquent as his career.
Enjoy retirement, Mr. Scully. You have more than earned it.
©Charles Davis; charlesdavissports.com